Evan Creels Mock 2.0
Redskins shake things up!!!
Rivera may be looking to start from scratch in Washington.
By: Evan Creel - March 23, 2020
Hello again, Evan Creel here with my revised Mock 2.0. With so many team signings in the first week of Free Agency, it was obvious my first mock was only one scenario that could take place in the upcoming draft. With so many teams adding to their position needs in Free Agency and making trades to fill holes in their roster, looking into the many ways the Draft could play out gets even more interesting to envision. With this year's Draft being filled with a talented group of players entering, I can see some teams shaking things up within the first round. Multiple coaching decisions also has me questioning what some teams will look for in the upcoming weeks of Free Agency and next month's 2020 NFL Draft. So, without further ado, I give you my modified mock draft.
Creel’s Mock Draft 2.0
- Bengals - Joe Burrow -QB - LSU
Same as mock 1.0 - Bengals stick with their plan and go with Joe Burrow.
- Redskins - Tua Tagovailoa - QB - Alabama
With the fresh coaching face of Ron Rivera, he looks to build Washington in his own way by taking Tua Tagovailoa over Chase Young.
- Lions - Chase Young - DE - Ohio St.
As the Redskins take Tua Tagovailoa, Matt Patricia finds a Prime Edge Rusher with Chase Young falling into his lap with the 3rd overall pick.
- Giants - Tristan Wirfs - OT - Iowa
Still looking to protect Daniel Jones, the Giants select the Offensive Lineman who best fits their scheme under new Head Coach, Joe Judge.
- Dolphins - Justin Herbert - QB - Oregon
With Burrow and Tagovailoa off the board, the Dolphins take their next QB with the selection of Justin Herbert.
- Chargers - Andrew Thomas - OT - Georgia
Even with the addition of Bryan Bulaga, I still feel the Chargers will look to add to their Offensive Line.
- Panthers - Isaiah Simmons - LB - Clemson
With the retirement of Luke Kuechly, Matt Rhule selects Isaiah Simmons to be the Field General Linebacker he lost in Kuechly.
- Cardinals - Jedrick Wills Jr. - OT - Alabama
Still looking to protect Kyler Murray, Arizona takes the best fit for their Offensive Line.
- Jaguars - Jeff Okudah - CB - Ohio St.
Jaguars look to find replacements for Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye by selecting the Top Defensive Back Prospect in the draft.
- Browns - Mekhi Becton - OT - Louisville
Browns add more protection for Baker Mayfield.
- Jets - CeeDee Lamb - WR - Oklahoma
Jets look to replace Robby Anderson by selecting CeeDee Lamb. I feel like this is the Playmaker that Sam Darnold has been waiting for.
- Raiders - Derrick Brown - DT - Auburn
Gruden fills his defensive needs, plugging the center of his Defensive Line with Big Man Derrick Brown.
- 49ers (via Colts) - Javon Kinlaw - DT - S. Carolina
Same as 1.0. Shanahan finds his replacement for DeForest Buckner.
- Buccaneers - Jonathan Taylor - RB - Wisconsin
With Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley now signed, you have to believe Bruce Arians will either go Offensive Line or Running Back with their 1st round pick. It's possible they could take Taylor with their 1st and look to their Offensive Line in later rounds of the draft.
- Broncos - K’Lavon Chaisson - LB - LSU
After reading multiple articles, I’ve seen that Denver is happy with last year's 1st round pick, Drew Lock. So, I believe they will look to add to their depleting Defense. Chaisson also fits Denver's Defensive scheme.
- Falcons - C.J. Henderson - CB - Florida
Still going with their team's needs, I feel Henderson may fit Atlanta’s scheme better than Trevon Diggs.
- Cowboys - A.J. Epenesa - DE - Iowa
With Dallas resigning Darian Thompson and acquiring Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in free Agency, I went with their top team needs of an Edge-Rushing Defensive End, according to NFL Free Agency Tracker on NFL.com.
- Dolphins (via Steelers) - Grant Delpit - S - LSU
Same as Mock 1.0. Miami looks to replace Minkah Fitzpatrick.
- Raiders (via Bears) - Henry Ruggs III - WR - Alabama
Adding more weapons for Derrick Carr, and possibly Marcus Mariota, Gruden selects a Wide-Receiver.
- Jaguars (via Rams) - Austin Jackson - OT - USC
Adding protection for Gardner Minshew, Jaguars fill a team need by selecting an Offensive Lineman.
- Eagles - Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama
After acquiring Darius Slay in a trade with Detroit, Philadelphia brings in another weapon for Carson Wentz.
- Vikings (via Bills) - Yetur Gross-Matos - DE - Penn St.
Same as 1.0. Vikings look to replace Everson Griffen.
- Patriots - Cole Kmet - TE - Notre Dame
With the Patriots adding Brian Hoyer to go along with Jarrett Stidham and Cody Kessler, I have to think that Bill Belichick takes the position he’s been needing since the departure of Rob Gronkowski.
- Saints - Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
After signing Malcolm Jenkins in Free Agency, Peyton adds another Wide-Receiver to go with Mike Thomas.
- Vikings - Xavier McKinney - S - Alabama
Looking to add to their Defensive Secondary, Vikings select the top Safety that fits their scheme.
- Dolphins (via Texans) - Tyler Biadasz - OC - Wisconsin
Same as 1.0. Dolphins look to bring in protection, this time with Justin Herbert.
- Seahawks - Trevon Diggs - CB - Alabama
Pete Carroll looks to add to a weaker Defense Secondary than the previous years in Seattle.
- Ravens - Kenneth Murray - LB - Oklahoma
John Harbaugh goes with a top position need and grabs the best Linebacker to fit his scheme with Oklahoma Star, Kenneth Murray.
- Titans - Zach Baun - LB - Wisconsin
Same as 1.0. Mike Vrabel selects Baun.
- Packers - Brandon Aiyuk - WR - Arizona St.
After diving deeper into Top Combine Prospects and YouTube Player Highlights, I feel like Aiyuk is best fit for Matt LaFleur's Offensive scheme.
- 49ers - A.J. Terrell - CB - Clemson
Same as 1.0. Sherman will not be around forever, Shanahan looks to the future without him.
- Chiefs - Kristian Fulton - CB - LSU
Andy Reid looks to add to a Secondary who only had 2 interceptions during the 2019 regular season.
Thank you for viewing my latest mock draft. I’ll continue to watch and study as Free Agency continues to move into April. Be on the lookout for my Mock Draft 3.0 at the end of Week 2 Free Agency. As we get closer to the 2020 NFL Draft, I will have a final mock draft consisting of the first 2 rounds of the draft without trades. But, as I’ve mentioned in my previous article, they are very likely to occur this year. I hope you’ve all enjoyed Creel’s Mock Draft 2.0.
(Written By: Evan Creel)