From Your Standpoint’s Evan Creel’s Mock Draft 1.0
Welcome back everybody. We invited our guy Evan Creel, representing “From Your Standpoint” to share his Mock Draft 1.0!!! The projections you are about to view below were done on Day 2 of the NFL Free Agency. After a few Serums to find my Truth, watching Free Agency jump off to a hot start and hearing of multiple players released from their teams; I’ve based my Mock 1.0 on the needs of each team combined with my StandPoint on the best fits for each team's schemes. Here we go!
Creel’s Mock 1.0
- Bengals - Joe Burrow - QB - LSU
No brainer for this choice. Cincinnati is in need of a Quarterback and they’ve made it quite clear that they're unwilling to come off of the first overall pick. Let’s see if they stick to that!
- Redskins - Chase Young - DE - OSU
Arguably the best player in the draft.
- Lions - Jeff Okudah - CB - OSU
After trading Diggs and Slay asking for a trade, they will find a nice replacement in Okudah.
- Giants - Jedrick Wills Jr. - OT - BAMA
Adding more protection for Daniel Jones.
- Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa - QB - BAMA
With Miami rebuilding, they take their new "Face of the Franchise".
- Chargers - Tristan Wirfs - OT - IOWA
Chargers rebuilding a weak offensive line from last season.
- Panthers - Derrick Brown - DT - AUB
Losing more than just Luke Kuechly, Panthers look to rebuild defense starting from the defensive line and moving back from there.
- Cardinals - Mekhi Becton - OT - LVILLE
Adding protection for Kyler Murray.
- Jaguars - Isaiah Simmons - LB - CLEM
As a CriticalFan of the Jaguars, I can’t help imagining Myles Jack, Joe Schobert and Isaiah Simmons as the starting Linebacker Core.
- Browns - Kenneth Murray - LB - OKLA
Losing Schobert leads me to believe they like what they see from the Linebacker stock in the upcoming draft.
- Jets - Jerry Jeudy - WR - BAMA
With the departure of Robby Anderson, they will need another WR for Sam Darnold.
- Raiders - Xavier McKinney - S - BAMA
Gruden looks to keep adding to a weak secondary.
- 49ers (via Colts) - Javon Kinlaw - DT - S.CAR
With the departure of DeForest Buckner, Klye Shanahan fills the hole quickly.
- Buccaneers - Andrew Thomas - OT - GA
Looking to bring in some protection for Tom Brady. Yes! We are talking about the Buccaneers. I know, it’s weird! Let’s just try and get used to hearing it.
- Broncos - Justin Herbert - QB - ORE
Elway loves QB’s!!!
- Falcons - Trevon Diggs - CB - BAMA
With Desmond Trufant’s departure, Diggs is an easy fill in.
- Cowboys - CeeDee Lamb - WR - OKLA
My 17th and 18th picks could have gone either way. Jerry Jones likes playmakers and to find Lamb at this spot, He jumps on Lamb over his Safety needs.
- Dolphins (via Steelers) - Grant Delpit - S - LSU
As I mentioned above, 17th and 18th could have gone either way. Dolphins jump on the need to replace Minkah Fitzpatrick.
- Raiders (via Bears) - Patrick Queen - LB - LSU
Gruden continues to add to his defense moving into Las Vegas.
- Jaguars (via Rams) - Henry Ruggs III - WR - BAMA
Caldwell makes huge mistakes and takes a Wide-Receiver over their needs of Offensive Line or Defensive Backs.
- Eagles - C.J. Henderson - CB- UF
Eagles look to add to a weak secondary.
- Vikings (via Bills) - Yetur Gross-Matos - DE - PENN ST
With the departure of Everson Griffen, Vikings look for a replacement.
- Patriots - Josh Jones - OT - HOU
Belichick loves drafting Offensive Lineman.
- Saints - Kristian Fulton - CB - LSU
2 of the last 3 seasons, the Saints lose in the playoffs due to a play in the secondary. I thought they could use some more help.
- Vikings - K’Lavon Chaisson - LB - LSU
Honestly, this was a mispick on my part. The Vikings have recently given contracts to Anthony Barr and Erik Kendricks. Oops!!!
- Dolphins (via Texans) - Tyler Biadasz - OC - WIS
Dolphins are rebuilding everywhere! A young Center to come in with Tua Tagovailoa seems like a smart move with the Dolphins searching for a Center in Free Agency.
- Seahawks - A.J. Epenesa - DE - IOWA
With JaDaveon Clowney in Free Agency, I see Pete Carroll finding his replacement.
- Ravens - Jonathan Taylor - RB - WIS
With the disappointing performance from last season's Rookie, Justin Hill, John Harbaugh adds another Running Back to help Mark Ingram.
- Titans - Zach Baun - LB - WIS
Mike Vrabel loves Field-General Linebackers. Baun fits that type of Linebacker.
- Packers - Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU
Matt LaFleur adds another weapon for Aaron Rodgers. This pick could have gone to another Wide-Receiver. I personally like Jefferson for the scheme in Green Bay.
- 49ers - A.J. Terrell - CB - CLEM
With Richard Sherman getting older, Kyle Shanahan looks to the future.
- Chiefs - D’Andre Swift - RB - GA
Arguably the least effective part of a High-Velocity Offense, Andy Reid adds Swift for a Running Back competition with Damien Williams.
Thank You for taking the time to view my Standpoint on the upcoming draft as of now. Please keep in mind that this Mock 1.0 consisted of no trades, which we all know are bound to happen! As Free Agency moves along, I will be taking notes for a revised Mock 2.0 before the actual 2020 NFL Draft. Below are my Top 10 Notable Players who could find their way into the 1st round. (In order from Offense to Defense)
Players who could be taken in the First Round
- Jordan Love - QB - UTAH ST
- Tee Higgins - WR - CLEM
- Denzel Mims - WR - BAY
- Laviska Shenault - WR - COLO
- Cole Kmet - TE - ND
- Austin Jackson - OT - USC
- Cesar Ruiz - OC - MICH
- Marlon Davidson - DE - AUB
- Ross Blacklock - DT - TCU
- Jaylon Johnson - CB - UTAH